Both V1 / V2 Kits are on backorder with an expected ship date of 12/4/23
2GS bolt in handbrake?!?!
Yes! We are offering a bolt in handbrake conversion bracket that uses an SC300/SC400 handbrake. Simply unbolt the existing foot brake and cable and use our bracket to bolt in an SC handbrake.
Works with both auto and manual transmissions!
*This kit is for LHD vehicles only*
**There are 2 variants of this bracket! Please specify which one is needed in the drop-down menu. Both brackets place the handbrake in the same location in the cabin, the difference between them is how they mount to the chassis.
- V2 - For use in cars that are manual swapped and will NOT work with the factory automatic shifter. It typically will work in cars that have had the transmission tunnel modified (hammered) to fit a larger transmission, like a CD00X. This version does use the M6 threaded hole directly in front of the factory shifter hole. Be mindful of this before cutting out your transmission tunnel vs extending a shifter housing the appropriate length. Typical transmission swap use but not limited to.... CDxxx, W58 with appropriate shifter housing, R154 with appropriate shifter housing.
- V1 - For use in cars that are automatic or manual swapped, but have had NO transmission tunnel widening aka hammering. This is what we recommend for automatic cars that have a non-altered, factory shaped transmission tunnel and plan to stay automatic. This bracket is better if you intend to cut your factory shifter hole further forward interfering with the M6 threaded holes surrounding it. Typical use but not limited to... W55, W58, W59, AUTO!
** If you are planning on doing a manual swap and can run the V2 we recommend the V2 handbrake bracket. However, keep in mind that you will not be able install the handbrake bracket until you do your manual swap.
**The V1 kit was designed around a factory transmission tunnel! We are not responsible for fitment issues if you have hammered or changed the shape of the transmission tunnel to where it interferes with fitment of the bracket. Please message us first if you have any questions regarding this!
**We are not responsible for fitment issues if the transmission tunnel is modified in any sort of way. Always recommended to install the handbrake prior to modifications of the tunnel to confirm it will not interfere.
What you will have to supply is:
- SC Handbrake
- Leather handbrake boot (optional)
- Front half of SC cable (handbrake to cable connector)
- SC 2-1 Cable connector (IS300 cable connector works as well)
This bracket is used for the purpose of converting a foot parking brake to a hand parking brake. HLSS does not, by any means, guarantee the ability of this parking brake modification to hold your car stationary while stopped or to lock up the rear wheels in any sort of manor. This is for off-road use only and Heat Lightning Speed Shop is not liable for any damages that may result from improper installation and/or the use of this item! Professional installation is recommended.